Asry in $80m key quay wall deal
Manama, December 9, 2009
As a major part of its expansion plan, Asry has awarded an $80 million design and build contract for the construction of a 1,380-metre quay wall, to Bahrain-based Nass Contracting.
The contract comprises the construction of a 1,200m quay wall, with a water depth of up to 12m, designed to receive 300,000 DWT vessels as well as a 180m berth for 40,000 DWT vessels.
The quay wall, which will have the first 400m delivered by end of next year, will be fully operational by the end of 2011. It will be equipped with all services, utilities and crainage required for providing efficient alongside repairs.
The project, reviewed by consulting engineers, Haskoning UK, also includes the construction of all support facilities and infrastructure necessary to ensure a high level of reliability to Asry's valued customers.
The support facilities and infrastructure are currently in the design phase and are planned for tendering in the second quarter of next year.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Manara residential project on track
- Duqm completes airfields infrastructure work
- House prices hit new peak, led by emerging Asia
- Tunelling experts to meet in Dubai
- New mortgage rules to drive UAE property boom
- Sub-Saharan real estate set for big growth
- Cluttons names professional services head
- Hill wins key Doha tower project
- Dubai wins Expo 2020 with HOK masterplan
- UAE property group to invest $54m in Turkey