Sakana trims mortgage rate
Manama, January 7, 2010
Bahrain-based Sakana Holistic Housing Solutions has cut its mortgage base rate by 0.25 per cent to 9.25 per cent.
This is the second rate reduction in the last four months totalling 0.50 per cent.
'We are seeing some signs of stability in the global markets and we believe that this may have positive impact on our funding costs going forward,' said Sakana chief executive officer R Lakshmanan.
'Sakana has recently completed three years of successful commercial operations and again this may have positive impact on our ability to raise funds.
'This rate reduction is part and parcel of Sakana's commitment to customers to provide best value and expect this reduction will reduce strain on their financial burden.
'We take this opportunity to thank our customers for their continued patronage. We hope the rate reduction will stimulate some demand for real estate as the market is currently depressed,' he said.
'With market moving from off-plan to completed property and as many projects are gearing up for completion, supply of homes is expected to increase in the next couple of years,' he added.
'The government has also announced several initiatives to provide housing to citizens. As a result the long term outlook for mortgage finance is stable.'-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- UAE bids to host 2018 tunnelling congress
- Bin Faqeeh top sponsor of Gulf Property Show
- Summit to spotlight green building issues
- Cluttons to launch new brand in 2014
- Abu Dhabi’s project spend ‘to top $100bn’
- Israel, Jordan and Palestine ink landmark water deal
- Bahrain wastewater treatment plant upgraded
- Depa names new board directors
- Work to start on new Bahrain social centre
- Indian developer to open Dubai office