First Bahrain opens $45m logistics facility
Manama, January 11, 2010
First Bahrain, an innovative regional real estate developer, has opened the first phase of its inaugural $45 million logistics development, Majaal, with all construction on the project complete.
The facility, located within the Bahrain Investment Wharf (BIW), is now ready for tenants to move in and occupy its state-of-the-art storage spaces. The announcement comes in the wake of the launch of the Salman Industrial City, which is expected to bring nearly $8 billion worth of investments to Bahrain in the next few years.
Since its launch in October 2009, Majaal has received a wave of interest from businesses, both local and international, looking for integrated and modern storage solutions with value added services, said a spokesperson.
Majaal offers a prime location, situated within the Salman Industrial City, it is in close proximity to the major transport links of Khalifa Bin Salman Port and Bahrain International Airport.
“For First Bahrain, the on-time and on-budget completion of construction represents a major and tangible accomplishment by the team and puts us in good position to execute on projects in the year ahead,” said Amin Al Arrayed, general manager of First Bahrain and board member of Majaal Warehouse Company.
Majaal Warehouse Co is the region’s first small to medium enterprises (SME) focused warehousing and logistics company, with its first phase delivering 130,000 sq ft of secure and cost effective storage spaces tailored to stimulate business growth of its tenants.
Majaal also incorporates a number of value added features which are set to elevate the standards of warehousing and logistics sector in the Kingdom, he added.
In addition to the physical warehousing spaces, units are complemented with a range of services that cater to the needs of tenants including 24/7 security service, state-of-the-art ICT provisions, and assistance on efficient design and use of spaces available as little as 250 sqm to as much as 1000 sqm.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Jotun colour collection tracks new trends
- RAK Properties to distribute $27.2m profit
- Top construction firms head to Bahrain
- Investors pull out of $65m Bahrain project
- Projects stalled in Bahrain due to 'mismanagement'
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project