New laws on way to protect Bahrain tenants
Manama, January 19, 2010
A new unified lease law to protect tenants and landlords could be soon implemented in Bahrain, if a Shura Council bill goes ahead.
Tenancy terms vary around the country and the new bill would ensure they all follow the same basic rules.
The law is being proposed by Shura Council financial and economic affairs committee chairman Khalid Al Maskati, woman and child committee chairwoman Dalal Al Zayed and councillor Rabab Al Arrayedh.
'Currently there are nicely defined contracts in the Muharraq and Capital Governorates, which show clear rights of both the landlord and the person leasing,' said Al Maskati.
'For example, the landlord can't increase rent after the expiration of the contract by more than 10 per cent, while this doesn't exist in the three other governorates - Central, Northern and Southern.
'The Justice and Islamic Affairs has backed the introduction of the law, which it said would help ease cases related to contractual disputes.'-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals