Bahrain Airport, Hill ink project consultancy deal
Manama, January 23, 2010
Bahrain Airport Company has signed up Hill International, a leader in managing construction risk, as the project management consultant for its massive expansion project at Bahrain International Airport.
Bahrain Airport Company is responsible for managing and operating the Kingdom's airport in line with the company’s strategy. It plans to improve the airport's infrastructure and financial performance dramatically and make it a major contributor to the economy.
Dr Osama Al Ali, chief executive officer of Bahrain Airport Company, and Abdo Kardous, senior vice president and managing director Middle East and Asia, signed the deal on Friday on the sidelines of the Bahrain International Airshow.
“We are pleased to announce this agreement as it demonstrates our commitment to strengthening the Kingdom’s pioneering position in the airline industry,” said Dr Al Ali at the signing ceremony.
The contract includes a four-year base term, in addition to a four-year optional extension period. A new master planning design firm will also join on the roll by mid-February, he added.
Hill International’s role, he said, will revolve around supervising the overall expansion of the new development. The plan includes building extra capacity and the utilisation of state-of-the-art information and communication technology.
It will also provide additional facilities for VIPs, a new general aviation terminal, new commercial facilities, as well as hotels, conference centres, retail and recreational facilities, Dr Al Ali said.
“Thanks to Hill International’s long years in the field, we will be able to utilise world-class consultancy services into our expansion plans at the Airport. Our decision to choose Hill came natural due to their experience in all the facets of project management,” he added.
The conceptual designs of the project have been prepared and, on 26th May 2009, Hill International was signed in as the project manager, he explained.
Kardous said the company was passionate about helping elevate Bahrain Airport Company to a global player in the aviation arena.
“With the help and support of Hill’s advanced expertise and know-how, we will be able to achieve a higher level of efficiency and further streamline our operations at Bahrain International Airport,” Dr Al Ali added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna