Football star buys First Group property
Dubai, February 8, 2010
Nigerian football star Nwankwo Kanu recently became the latest member of ‘The First Team’ with a purchase in The Diamond Hotel Apartments developed and managed by the First Group, a British developer, at Dubai Sports City.
Kanu joins The First Team’s all star cast of sporting ambassadors, including fellow footballers Michael Owen and Andriy Shevchenko, tennis ace Svetlana Kuznetsova, cricketer Andrew Flintoff, rugby star Bryan Habana and golfer Sam Torrance, who all own properties developed and managed under The First Group portfolio.
“I have spent a lot of time visiting Dubai recently,” said Kanu.
“It is a wonderful city and I’m delighted to have property here now. I look forward to continuing to work with The First Group and coming back to Dubai for many years to come!”
“It is an honour to have the support of our ambassadors and we are delighted to see The First Team continue to grow,” said Danny Lubert, co-chairman of The First Group.
“Nigeria is a big market for us – The First Group opened an office there last year so it is great to have Kanu onboard,” he added.
“I have been a big fan of Kanu the footballer for a long time, especially during his tremendous years at my home club Arsenal. Having met him and learned more about his work both on and off the pitch, I have become even more impressed by Kanu the person.”
The Diamond Hotel Apartments is a unique hotel apartment project at Dubai Sports City. There are 128 turnkey hotel apartments which are fully furnished and benefit from luxury hotel facilities. This 13 storey building offers one and two bedroom apartments as well as penthouses.
The Diamond Hotel Apartments is just one of the developments making up The First Group portfolio, which also includes three more projects in Dubai Sports City, two developments in Tecom and a project in Ras Al Khaimah, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project