Nass registers $300m turnover
Manama, February 25, 2010
Nass Corporation has announced a gross turnover of BD113.060 million ($299.9 million) and a net profit of BD13.746 million last year.
This was in comparison to BD121.5 million and BD13 million, respectively, for 2008, company deputy chairman and managing director Sameer Nass said after a meeting of the board of directors.
He said though the gross turnover had declined last year, the company's overall performance had shown significant improvement with the net profit going up.
'The net profit shows an increase of five per cent over the previous year,' he said.
'The earnings per share increased from 60 fils to 64 fils per share of 100 fils each.'
Nass said despite adverse market conditions experienced by the economy in general and the construction sector in particular last year, the company's performance is a reflection of its strong fundamentals and leadership.
'The board of directors have also recommended a cash dividend of 20 fils per share, subject to approval at the annual ordinary general assembly meeting to be held on March 16.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project