Sabic to hike steel rebar prices
Riyadh, March 1, 2010
State-controlled Saudi Basic Industries (Sabic) will raise prices of steel rebar and wire rod by SR100 ($26.7) per tonne as of Monday, the company said.
Higher iron ore and scrap metal costs led to the increase, Sabic's vice-chairman for metals Abdul-Aziz bin Al-Humaid said in a statement emailed to Reuters.
This is the first time Sabic has raised steel prices since 2008. Sabic controls the kingdom's biggest steel producer Hadeed. – Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Arabtec appoints new chief risk officer
- 1,800 contracting workers in Bahrain end strike
- 200 Arabtec workers to be repatriated
- Abyaar announces Dubai project delivery
- Dar Al Arkan raises $450m from sukuk sale
- Arabtec workers end strike; dispute 'resolved'
- Bahrain launches project for 4,500 homes
- Qatari group unveils $823m giant mall project
- Tecom announces new operational structure