Sabic to hike steel rebar prices
Riyadh, March 1, 2010
State-controlled Saudi Basic Industries (Sabic) will raise prices of steel rebar and wire rod by SR100 ($26.7) per tonne as of Monday, the company said.
Higher iron ore and scrap metal costs led to the increase, Sabic's vice-chairman for metals Abdul-Aziz bin Al-Humaid said in a statement emailed to Reuters.
This is the first time Sabic has raised steel prices since 2008. Sabic controls the kingdom's biggest steel producer Hadeed. – Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Plaza Premium wins Abu Dhabi Airports contract
- Engineering experts attend Autodesk conference
- Dubai $114m freehold property in big demand
- Heavy Equipment enters Qatar market
- Bahrain market to get $15.8m facelift
- Jacky’s unveils new 3D printers
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property
- Arabtec denies Drake merger speculation
- Saudi's ACWA signs $472m sukuk financing