Diyar appoints Aecom as master planner
Manama, March 14, 2010
Diyar Al Muharraq, one of Bahrain's biggest mixed-use residential urban developments, has appointed Aecom as its master planner.
This move is in line with the project's second stage of development which is to be carried out off the northeastern coast of Muharraq.
Aecom is a global provider of professional, technical and management support services, specifically in the areas of master planning transportation, facilities, environmental and energy.
It is also one of the world's largest engineering and architectural design firms with a presence in more than 100 countries.
The appointment holds a great deal of strategic importance for Diyar Al Muharraq as it is continuously working towards efficiently achieving the world-class standards that have been set for the entire project.
Diyar chief executive Aaref Hejres said: 'Aecom is a Fortune 500 company that has always stayed at the top of all its business segments such as professional technical services and management support services.'
'Last year, the Engineering News-Record magazine rated Aecom as the number one design firm in the world in its international design firms sourcebook. This proves beyond any doubt Aecom's merit for being associated with Diyar as the master planner for the second stage development.'-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Qatari group unveils $823m giant mall project
- Tecom announces new operational structure
- Better Homes releases property guides
- Drake & Scull clinches $461m Saudi contract
- Obayashi-HBK venture wins Doha project deal
- Bahrain halts digging at housing project site
- Strike won't affect projects says Arabtec
- Bahrain cuts new property registration cost
- IPIC to use $4bn pipeline payment to repay debt
- MMG appoints advisor for debt restructuring