Tamouh to handover Marina Square units from May
Abu Dhabi, March 31, 2010
Tamouh, the primary master developer of Reem Island, said it will start handover of units in Marina Square, its flagship towers, to investors from May.
“The Marina Square will be the first development to welcome residents to Reem Island. The first of its kind in Abu Dhabi, the development gives the residents of the capital an opportunity to enjoy a unique living environment,” said Joe Ong, managing director of Tamouh.
“We are adding 3,440 residential units to Abu Dhabi, which is currently facing an acute shortage owing to rapid growth and expansion.”
Finishing touches are being given to the first phase of Marina Square that comprises 14 towers, while construction activity is rapidly progressing on the five-star hotel and Paragon Bay mall, which will be delivered as part of the second phase. Paragon Malls is the shopping centre division of Tamouh.
Marina Square is spread across an area of 66 acres, has a built-up space of more than 827,000 sqm and will house more than 8,500 people and 6550 parking bays on completion. It is set to bring to the capital an exciting marina lifestyle, topped with a vibrant pedestrian culture through its multifarious gourmet restaurants, luxury retail outlets, a boutique mall and a five-star hotel, he said.
The mixed-use development will offer a selection of residential units including one, two, three and four-bedroom apartments, town houses and villas.
“The focus is on the completion of vital amenities within the development even before residents take possession of their properties. Infrastructure projects such as the connecting road network, landscaping, building maintenance and district cooling services have also been completed with modern conveniences being given the highest priority,” Ong added.
Upon full completion, all properties in Marina Square will come equipped with community portal services and smart-home services, enabling residents to interact with the customer service team to control the ambience of the apartment using a touch-pad in the residence or via the internet from a remote location.
The towers are all enhanced with centrally appointed lobby areas, gymnasiums, swimming pools and play grounds.
Ample parking, day-care-centres, mosques, marina facilities and medical centres have been incorporated into the development with a view to make it self-sufficient.
Tamouh’s developments, located on Reem Island next to the new Central Business District of Abu Dhabi city, have a total built-up area of 200 million sqm.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings