Nass wins Bahrain flyover contract
Manama, April 15, 2010
Bahraini company Nass Contracting has been awarded a tender to complete the stalled Isa Town Flyover and Interchange Project.
A formal announcement by the Works Ministry is expected today. It is believed the company has received the letter of intent to complete the project.
The flyover’s fate had been hanging in balance since South Korean Sungwon Corporation’s contract was terminated in February, allegedly because it failed to
adhere to its terms.
It is also understood Nass Contracting has been asked to begin work as early as Tuesday.
Sources said according to the agreement, the project will be on ‘fast-track’
and be completed by August next year. It was slated to be completed in July this year.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Arabtec appoints new chief risk officer
- 1,800 contracting workers in Bahrain end strike
- 200 Arabtec workers to be repatriated
- Abyaar announces Dubai project delivery
- Dar Al Arkan raises $450m from sukuk sale
- Arabtec workers end strike; dispute 'resolved'
- Bahrain launches project for 4,500 homes
- Qatari group unveils $823m giant mall project
- Tecom announces new operational structure