Nass wins Bahrain flyover contract
Manama, April 15, 2010
Bahraini company Nass Contracting has been awarded a tender to complete the stalled Isa Town Flyover and Interchange Project.
A formal announcement by the Works Ministry is expected today. It is believed the company has received the letter of intent to complete the project.
The flyover’s fate had been hanging in balance since South Korean Sungwon Corporation’s contract was terminated in February, allegedly because it failed to
adhere to its terms.
It is also understood Nass Contracting has been asked to begin work as early as Tuesday.
Sources said according to the agreement, the project will be on ‘fast-track’
and be completed by August next year. It was slated to be completed in July this year.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Schön sees business park project on track
- Kuwaiti developer starts Dubai tower work
- Asteco appointed agent for Dubai tower
- Interface named ‘Most Sustainable' firm
- Musanada inks $582m Abu Dhabi-Dubai road deal
- Manara residential project on track
- Duqm completes airfields infrastructure work
- House prices hit new peak, led by emerging Asia
- Tunelling experts to meet in Dubai
- New mortgage rules to drive UAE property boom