CityBuild honours construction award winners
Abu Dhabi, April 20, 2010
The inaugural CityBuild Abu Dhabi, a trade show for building and construction industry, has honoured winners of its excellence in construction awards.
CityBuild Abu Dhabi, which opened on April 18 at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre, is ending tomorrow (April 21). The new show is being held alongside Cityscape Abu Dhabi, the international real estate investment and development event.
Fatima Obaid Al Jaber, Chief Operating Officer of Al Jaber Group, became the first woman to receive the award, breaking the male domination of the region's building industry.
“By receiving this award I hope to be opening the doors for more women to follow,” Al Jaber said.
Graham Wood, group director of CityBuild Abu Dhabi organisers IIR Middle East, said: “The judges were looking for an individual who has overcome the real and perceived obstacles of working within a male-dominated industry.”
“Fatima Al Jaber has forged a successful career in this competitive industry, providing a pioneering role model and inspiration for future generations of women working in construction,” he added.
The CityBuild excellence in construction awards have been introduced to recognise outstanding performance and excellence in the industry with all entries reviewed by an advisory board composed of leading names in the industry, organisers said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Plaza Premium wins Abu Dhabi Airports contract
- Engineering experts attend Autodesk conference
- Dubai $114m freehold property in big demand
- Heavy Equipment enters Qatar market
- Bahrain market to get $15.8m facelift
- Jacky’s unveils new 3D printers
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property
- Arabtec denies Drake merger speculation
- Saudi's ACWA signs $472m sukuk financing