Airport Show opens in Dubai
Dubai, April 24, 2010
The tenth edition of the Airport Show, the only event in the region dedicated exclusively to airport construction, operations, technology and services, opened on Sunday.
The event is being held under the patronage of Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, president of Dubai Civil Aviation Authority and chairman of Dubai Airports.
The show which runs till April 27 at the Dubai Airport Expo, will host international exhibitors and suppliers exploring the growth potential offered by the growing airport industry in the Mena and South Asia region.
With 39 airports currently under construction or renovation in the region, the tenth Airport Show will put the spotlight on the extensive opportunities for potential collaborations in specialised areas of airport development, said the organisers, Reed Exhibitions Middle East.
This year, more than 223 specialized providers and industry suppliers from 34 countries will attend the show. China, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Denmark, and Switzerland will host national pavilions that occupy a gross exhibition space of 10,508 sq m covering the West and Central Halls of the Expo.
Ara Fernezian, Group exhibition director, Reed Exhibitions ME, said the show had gained tremendously from the emergence of Dubai as a major hub for air traffic in the Middle East region.
“This year’s show has attracted stronger interest and participation from a range of global leaders in the industry specialised in six key sectors: airport build, supply, security, technology, ground support, operation and air traffic control,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna