Dohaland awards consortium $429m contract
Doha, April 25, 2010
Qatari developer Dohaland has awarded a 1.56 billion riyal ($428.8 million) contract to a consortium led by South Korea's Hyundai Engineering and Construction Co., Dohaland said on Sunday.
The contract is part of the first phase of Dohland's $5.5 billion, 35-hectare Musheireb project, which will include hotels and retail, residential and government buildings, the company said in a statement.
The project will be completed in five phases, with the first phase due to be finished by 2012 and the last by 2016, the company said.
The contract is the final in a total of 2.2 billion riyals worth of contracts awarded for the construction of Phase 1A of the project, which will include the construction of a national archive, the company said. - Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Sub-Saharan real estate set for big growth
- Cluttons names professional services head
- Hill wins key Doha tower project
- Dubai wins Expo 2020 with HOK masterplan
- UAE property group to invest $54m in Turkey
- Industrial facility rents up in Abu Dhabi
- DB Schenker breaks ground on new Dubai facility
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Oman invites bids for key airport project
- Spanish group wins $105m Kuwait cable deal