Mott MacDonald wins Freezone Sohar deal
Muscat, May 2, 2010
Port of Sohar has awarded a contract for the design and engineering services including master planning and infrastructure designs for Freezone Sohar to Mott MacDonald & Co.
The contract signals the start of installing the needed infrastructure for the Phase 1 development of Freezone Sohar.
The signing, in Muscat, was attended by Jan H. Meijer, CEO of Port of Sohar; Jamal T Aziz, DCEO of Port of Sohar and COO of Sohar Freezone Sohar; and Vinod Shah, managing director of Mott MacDonald & Co.
Mott MacDonald is a leading global multi-disciplinary consultancy firm with a strong presence in Oman and neighbouring GGC countries.
The company is present in 120 countries with an impressive 14,000 people working worldwide and is one of the world's top players in delivering management, engineering and development consultancy.
After an intensive tendering process in which both price and quality were carefully assessed, Mott MacDonald was selected for the work, a statement said.
The contract includes detailing the master plan, a geotechnical investigation and designing roads and related works, it said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Tunelling experts to meet in Dubai
- New mortgage rules to drive UAE property boom
- Sub-Saharan real estate set for big growth
- Cluttons names professional services head
- Hill wins key Doha tower project
- Dubai wins Expo 2020 with HOK masterplan
- UAE property group to invest $54m in Turkey
- Industrial facility rents up in Abu Dhabi
- DB Schenker breaks ground on new Dubai facility
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract