Bena starts work on new 5-star hotel
Damascus, May 20, 2010
Bena Properties (Bena), the largest private Syrian real estate company, has laid the cornerstone for a new five-star hotel on the Damascus-Beirut highway.
Bena, the arm of leading investment company Cham Holding for real estate development, has collaborated with Rotana, a top hotel management company, to manage the development of Yasmeen Rotana Hotel.
Bena has also joined forces with Rotana and with Arabtec as a main contractor for the project to assure developing a state-of-the-art hotel, which is located in Mazzeh, 15 minutes drive from the heart of Damascus and 35 minutes from Damascus International Airport.
“We are proud to have been chosen to manage this new spectacular five-star property and our team is very excited about the opportunity to operate this milestone hotel,” said Selim El Zyr, president and CEO of Rotana.
Riad Kamal, CEO of Arabtec Holding, said: “Yasmeen Rotana Hotel, a high profile start for Cham Holding, Bena Properties and Arabtec that will contribute to the tourism and hospitality industry in Syria.”
Hawazen Esber, CEO of Bena Properties, said: “Our strategy was to inaugurate our brand with a hospitality project that righteously reflects our vision to become Syria’s most renowned real estate investment and development company.”
“More hotels in Aleppo, Latakia, Damascus and Tartous will be announced before the end of the year,” he added.
The 338-key hotel will comprise of an executive lounge, a 600-seat banquet hall, six meeting rooms, a spa and a fitness centre with swimming pool.
While the three restaurants will offer a world-class culinary experience, guests can choose from an all-day diner, an Italian restaurant and bar, an Asian restaurant and bar, a cigar bar and a rooftop lounge, a statement said.
The project will occupy around 4,000 sq m of land area and 53,700 sq m of total built –up area.
The construction is expected to be completed by the first quarter of 2012. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan