L&T wins $190m Qatar project
Doha, May 22, 2010
India's Larsen & Toubro (L&T) has secured an international turnkey project worth QR691.2 million ($190 million) from Qatar Public Works Authority (Ashghal) for advanced waste water treatment and urban reuse.
L&T said the project being implemented through its Water Technology Business unit is the largest of its kind in GCC based on an advanced technology “Sequential Batch Reactor (SBR)” followed by “Ultra-filtration.
The scope of work includes design, supply, procurement, construction, testing and commissioning of the Doha South Sewage Treatment Works, Phase II expansion, the company said in a statement.
The project to be executed on lumpsum turnkey basis is scheduled to be operational by 2012, it added.
The technology is provided by ITT Corporation, US and construction by Galfar Al Misnad Engineering & Contracting, Qatar. The rated plant capacity will be 92 million litres per day for SBR and 187 million litres per day for ultrafiltration.
L&T, a $8.5 billion technology, engineering and construction group, with global operations, is one of the largest and most respected companies in India’s private sector.
L&T undertakes turnkey construction of fertilizer, refinery and petrochemical plants; cross-country pipelines and oil & gas terminals covering civil, structural, piping equipment, heavy lifts, electrical and instrumentation work.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Heavy Equipment enters Qatar market
- Bahrain market to get $15.8m facelift
- Jacky’s unveils new 3D printers
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property
- Arabtec denies Drake merger speculation
- Saudi's ACWA signs $472m sukuk financing
- Qatar announces massive bridges project
- $49m home loans approved in Bahrain
- BlomInvest sees Makkah project on track