Injaz picks US firm for Al Marina project
Dammam, May 23, 2010
Injaz Development Company, a Saudi-based master developer, has signed a multi-million rial contract with US-based Aecom to carry out infrastructure design works at its seafront development, the Al Marina Project.
Upon completion, Al Marina will be a new destination between Dammam and Khobar that will rival both in its public facilities, which will include a 300,000 sq m lagoon with elaborate fountains, waterfront shopping mall, open air recreational areas and high-rise commercial strips.
It will also boast of residential areas developed with the highest planning standards and providing all the support facilities which include educational, health, fire/police stations, community center and mosques.
“We are adopting high-quality, world-class standards and bringing in key partners such as Aecom to ensure that Al Marina stands out among the Eastern Province’s developments," said Omar Al Kadi, president and managing director, Injaz Development Company.
"There is so much room for long-term growth in this area and we believe that this project will help highlight the province’s potential as a property and tourism hub. When the Kingdom’s mortgage law finally pushes through, hopefully this year, then we can expect residential opportunities to surge in this part of the country," he added.
Aecom is a Fortune 500 company that provides professional, technical and management support services in more that 100 countries.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Bahrain to dig artificial water springs
- Arabtec plans UAE property arms, Egypt tieup
- 18 Iraqi army officers killed in ambush
- GFH acquires prime UK residential property
- Plaza Premium wins Abu Dhabi Airports contract
- Engineering experts attend Autodesk conference
- Dubai $114m freehold property in big demand
- Heavy Equipment enters Qatar market
- Bahrain market to get $15.8m facelift
- Jacky’s unveils new 3D printers