Dubai signs mosque development deal with DPG
Dubai, June 21, 2010
Dubai Islamic Affairs and Charitable Activities Department has signed of a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Dubai Properties Group, a member of Dubai Holding, towards the development and maintenance of mosques.
The MoU comes in line with the opening of a mosque at the recently launched Nuzul, a dedicated community providing an enhanced lifestyle to the emirate’s skilled labour workforce.
Nuzul is the first project to benefit from the MoU with the completion of all prerequisites for the functioning of the mosque.
The MoU mandates that the Dubai Islamic Affairs Department offer complete supervision of the mosques across all DPG projects.
In addition to evaluating and selecting the Mo’athen, Imam, and preachers, the department will also be responsible for supervising the lessons, lectures, ceremonies, seminars, conferences and religious competitions that are held in the mosques. The department will also grant special permits for the establishment of mosques at DPG’s master-planned communities.
On its part, DPG will utilise the experiences of the Dubai Islamic Affairs Department in relation to the overall supervision of the mosques.
“We are committed to providing our services throughout Dubai,” said Dr Hamad Bin Al Sheikh Ahmad Al Sheibani, general manager of Dubai Islamic Affairs.
“Through this agreement, DPG’s iconic real estate projects will allow the Dubai Islamic Affairs Department to spread its message of brotherhood and reach out to a large cross-section of the community in the emirate of Dubai.”
Mohammed Al Habbai, of Dubai Properties Group, said: “The agreement with the Dubai Islamic Affairs Department confirms our commitment to building sustainable communities throughout Dubai.”
“The MoU will facilitate the exchange of experience and ensure the presence of high-calibre Imam, Mo’athen, and preachers at mosques across our developments. We are delighted that the Nuzul is the first to benefit from this MoU and are confident the newly constructed mosque will be welcomed by the large number of skilled labourers residing in this unique community.”
Nuzul is an innovative new community that represents a new vision for skilled labour accommodations in Dubai, providing a healthy living, working and leisure environment for its tenants.
Located in close proximity to the Jebel Ali Free Zone, the new mosque is one of a host of holistic amenities including dedicated recreation and entertainment areas, a food court, supermarket, a clinic, a pharmacy, emergency treatment rooms, game rooms, library, cyber cafe, ATMs, retail outlets as well as cricket and basketball fields.
The new labour community is meticulously planned to provide an enhanced quality of life for the skilled labour. In addition, Nuzul offers business owners an alternative option to better accommodate their local workforce. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract