DSI wins 2 Abu Dhabi contracts worth $65m
Dubai, June 21, 2010
Drake & Scull International (DSI) has won the contract for the complete Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) works for two major projects in Abu Dhabi worth a combined value of Dh240 million ($65.3 million).
“We have always seen Abu Dhabi as a lucrative market and our expectations of projects in the pipeline have indeed been fulfilled,” said Khaldoun Tabari, chief of DSI.
DSI will begin work immediately on the Saadiyat Beach Apartments Plot SB19 project located on Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi.
The series of beachside apartments, which are being developed by the Tourism Development & Investment Company (TDIC), will provide modern and dynamic living spaces in private gated communities, offering residents a variety of options ranging from simple studios to multiple bedroom apartments.
The project is scheduled for completion in December 2011 and the scope of work for DSI will include supply, installation, testing and commissioning of the entire electro-mechanical works.
DSI will simultaneously commence with the complete MEP works for a prominent governmental building project which will be completed by June 2012, and will include a total built-up area of 106,670 sqm.
“These two recent project wins bring the total value of contracts awarded to us this year to Dh1.4 billion,” concluded Tabari.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- 18 Iraqi army officers killed in ambush
- GFH acquires prime UK residential property
- Plaza Premium wins Abu Dhabi Airports contract
- Engineering experts attend Autodesk conference
- Dubai $114m freehold property in big demand
- Heavy Equipment enters Qatar market
- Bahrain market to get $15.8m facelift
- Jacky’s unveils new 3D printers
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property