Galfar wins $31m water project
Muscat, June 23, 2010
Oman's Galfar Construction & Engineering Co has won a contract worth 12 million Omani rials ($31.17 million) to build a water distribution network in northwest of Oman.
"Galfar will build reservoirs, including trenching and pipelines to connect to all houses in the area," a tender board official told Reuters.
Galfar Engineering won contracts worth 41 million rials for infrastructure projects earlier in April, covering road projects and a hospital building.
It reported a net loss of 843,000 rials ($2.78 mln) in the first quarter mainly due to a project cost increase.
The company made a profit of 4.6 million rials in the first three months of last year. - Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- AECOM wins $148m Doha Expressway contract
- Top Indian property firm plans Bahrain foray
- Pacific Ventures names brand ambassador
- Chesterton to unveil prime London properties
- Indian Property Show 2013 to be ‘biggest ever’
- Alwaleed eyes world's big cities for mile-high tower
- Cluttons seals tenancy deal with Durrat
- Masdar launches wind farm in Seychelles
- Drake & Scull mulls dual listing in Saudi
- APR Energy wins biggest Libya power contract