Bloom awards Central Project contract
Abu Dhabi, June 30, 2010
Bloom Properties said it has commissioned Middle East Foundation Group to complete the enabling works and foundation for their Bloom Central, a mixed-use development launched at Cityscape Abu Dhabi 2010.
Bloom, the lifestyle arm of Abu Dhabi-based National Holding, said the excavation commenced at the site on May 25 and is estimated to last up to eight months.
As part of its agreement with Bloom Properties, Middle East Foundation Group will be responsible for the shoring, excavation, piling and dewatering activities, including digging up to 23 metres to allow for a five-level basement.
Afram Kouz, chief projects and development officer, Bloom Properties, said: "The Middle East Foundation Group’s exemplary track-record on prestigious projects such as the Burj Khalifa and the Abu Dhabi Central Market helped us select the company for our development."
"In addition to its experience in handling large projects, the company’s versatility will enable it to execute Bloom Central to exact requirements. We are confident that the Middle East Foundation Group will deliver on its commitment in the coming months."
Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank will finance the construction of Bloom Central that has been planned in keeping with Bloom Properties’ endeavour towards bridging key gaps in the real estate sector and offering target communities with products that match their requirements.
The mixed-use development will comprise a 25-storey tower that will house a 315-key five-star hotel, 64 serviced apartments and 49 two and three bedroom apartments. It will also add approximately 7,000 sq metres of office space to a prime neighbourhood in the main Abu Dhabi island.
Angus Carlisle of Middle East Foundation Group, said: “We consider this project as the beginning of a key partnership with Bloom Properties. We are proud to be working with a developer that anticipates the requirements of communities it aims to serve while creating an offering based on sensible design aesthetics, with a view to plug gaps in the market.”
Recognising its community-friendly components, Bloom Properties’ flagship project Bloom Gardens was commended in the ‘Best Residential Development - Abu Dhabi’ and ‘Best Residential Development – Arabian Region’ categories at the prestigious CNBC Arabia Property Awards 2009. The awards honour exemplary real estate projects across the Arab world.
The company has maintained its commitment to providing an integrated approach to building communities through value-added offerings in education, sports, leisure, health and retail, and by working with best-in-class partners across all projects.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals