Bahrain’s King orders towers construction
Manama, July 8, 2010
His Majesty King Hamad donated BD10 million ($26.5 million) to the Royal Charity Organisation (RCO) to finance the construction of two investment towers, the revenue from which will benefit orphans.
The King, who is the RCO's honorary president, also ordered kindergartens to be built for orphans across Bahrain, as part of the charity project.
RCO board of trustees' chairman Shaikh Nasser bin Hamad Al Khalifa announced the Royal donation, saying the scheme would go ahead without delay.
He praised the King's continuous care for orphans, widows and needy families to ensure them a better future and decent standard of living.
'The generous gesture reflects His Majesty's humanitarian love and care for his sons nationwide,' Shaikh Nasser.
The RCO board has studied a string of potential investment projects, under directions from the King, it was revealed at a board meeting.
'We gauged the economic feasibility of the proposed schemes to ensure substantial revenues benefiting all citizens,' said board deputy chairman Shaikh Adnan Al Qattan.
'These projects will herald a quantum leap for charity work and boost its resources.'
RCO secretary general Dr Mustafa Al Sayed outlined the scheme, describing the package as a boost for needy Bahrainis.
He stressed the crucial importance of community partnership with the private sector in promoting charity schemes. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan