Dubai villa prices up 6.9pc in Q2
Dubai, July 25, 2010
Dubai villa prices increased by 6.99 per cent while apartment prices declined by 5.23 per cent between Q2 2009 and Q2 this year, according to a report by a leading real estate information company.
Reidin.com has announced the June figures of its Sales Price Index for Dubai (SPID), part of its INDEXFocus-UAE product, an online database of proprietary real estate indices for UAE.
“What we see as numbers highlighted in our indices are more of what is expected in a regular summer. We believe the slight drop in the last two months is moreover a reflection of the seasonal adjustments rather than a trend,” said Ahmet Kayhan, CEO, Reidin.com.
According to the data released for the month of June 2010, the All Residential Sales Price Index for Dubai (SPID) showed a decrease of 0.35 per cent between May 2010 and June 2010, compared to a decrease of 1.23 per cent for the coresponding period between April and May 2010. In the same period, apartment prices increased by 0.71 per cent compared to a decrease of 2.88 per cent last month, while villa prices decreased 2.18 per cent compared to an increase of 0.63 per cent in the month of May. Year-on-year, this reflects a slight increase of 0.26 per cent over June 2009.
The Reidin.com SPID – All Residential dropped by 1.47 points in Q2 2010 to a level of 174.74 basis points, a 0.84 per cent decrease from Q2 2009.
In a comparison of size categories, sales in the 50 sqm and less were below by a nominal 12.51 per cent year-on-year in June 2010. On a month-on-month basis, prices decreased by a nominal 1.17 per cent in June 2010 while in the category of 51 sqm to 100 sqm the average nominal price decreased 3.16 per cent year-on-year in June 2010. On a month-on-month basis, prices decreased by a nominal 4.26 per cent in June 2010.
In June 2010, the Reidin.com Residential Sales Price Index was a mere 69.21 points (69.21 per cent) above its base value of 100 points in January 2003. Whereas, the Reidin.com Apartment Sales Price Index was 54.22 points (54.22 per cent) above and the Reidin.com Villa Sales Price Index was 195.54 (195.54 per cent) above their base value of 100 points in January 2003.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals