Tamouh to deliver Marina project after Ramadan
Abu Dhabi, July 28, 2010
Abu Dhabi developer Tamouh said the handing over of its Marina Square project to end buyers will be finalised after Ramadan, following the receipt of mandatory approvals and certifications from regulatory authorities and utility service providers.
The primary master developer of Reem Island, Tamouh said as part of its open communication strategy, the company endorses a transparent approach that engages the end-user through every aspect of the development process.
In line with this objective, Tamouh is scheduling one-to-one site visits with investors to offer updates on the progress of the project and jointly plan a schedule for the handover stage, said a top official.
Joe Ong, managing director of Tamouh, said: "The first phase of Marina Square is getting prepped up for handover to end-users, with over 3,440 residential units set to be added to Abu Dhabi’s inventory."
"The final stage of approvals on services such as water, electricity and other utilities is expected to come through in the next few weeks," he noted.
Marina Square, situated on Abu Dhabi’s Reem Island, is close to the capital’s new central business and financial districts. Spread over an area of 66 acres, the mixed-use development offers a community lifestyle incorporating residential, commercial and retail components over a built-up space of more than 827,000 sq m.
Samia Bouazza, marketing director of Tamouh, said: “We constantly work on maintaining open channels of communication with our investors and have therefore kept them informed about the delivery process. We would like to reiterate our assurance that every effort is being made on our part to facilitate a seamless handover.”
The project comprises a selection of studios, one, two, three and four-bedroom apartments, town houses and seven exclusive villas. Three60, Tamouh’s estates management arm that was launched earlier this year at Cityscape Abu Dhabi, will oversee the facilities and property management of the project.
Wilson Lee, Head of Estates, Properties and Facilities of Three60, said: "We’ve been addressing hundreds of queries every week from customers who are very excited about moving into Marina Square later this year."
"Being amongst the first few developments on Reem Island to open its doors to residents, Marina Square will offer a unique, community led lifestyle experience – a new way of living in the capital.”
Marina Square is the first development of its kind in Abu Dhabi, said the company statement.
It is set to bring to the capital an exciting marina lifestyle, topped with a vibrant pedestrian culture through its multifarious gourmet restaurants, luxury retail outlets, a boutique mall and a five-star hotel. When complete, it will house more than 8,500 people and 6,550 parking bays, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract