New bridge opened in Jeddah
Jeddah, August 9, 2010
A new bridge was inaugurated in Jeddah yesterday (August 8), the ninth project to be completed in the city in one year.
The bridge, at the intersection between Prince Majed Road and Hira Street, is15.2 metres wide and 800 meters long, said a report in Arab News.
The project was constructed in three levels, including an overpass on Hira Street, a ground-level intersection and an underpass on Prince Majed Road, the report said.
Three more road projects would be commissioned in the current year, Mayor of Jeddah Adel Fakieh, who opened the bridge, was quoted as saying in the report.
“A comprehensive plan to build bridges on 90 intersections in the city was drawn up,” Fakeih said. “Work on 30 intersections has already been started.”
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- India property group eyes Dubai market
- Kuwaiti real estate sales soar to $886m
- Emaar unveils first big project at Expo 2020 site
- EMart nets $20m from online auction
- Qatar Railways awards $32bn in contracts
- Top regional firms at Cityscape Riyadh
- Habtoor Leighton wins $395m Dubai tower deal
- Bahrain to scrap asphalt subsidies
- UAE bids to host 2018 tunnelling congress
- Bin Faqeeh top sponsor of Gulf Property Show