New bridge opened in Jeddah
Jeddah, August 9, 2010
A new bridge was inaugurated in Jeddah yesterday (August 8), the ninth project to be completed in the city in one year.
The bridge, at the intersection between Prince Majed Road and Hira Street, is15.2 metres wide and 800 meters long, said a report in Arab News.
The project was constructed in three levels, including an overpass on Hira Street, a ground-level intersection and an underpass on Prince Majed Road, the report said.
Three more road projects would be commissioned in the current year, Mayor of Jeddah Adel Fakieh, who opened the bridge, was quoted as saying in the report.
“A comprehensive plan to build bridges on 90 intersections in the city was drawn up,” Fakeih said. “Work on 30 intersections has already been started.”
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Staff shortage hits Bahrain projects
- DWC to build new agent warehouses
- Arabtec appoints new HR officer
- Sodic appoints new financial officer
- Avant in distribution deal with Danube, Al Taif
- Egypt says disputes with Damac are resolved
- Abu Dhabi TDIC picks up Yardi voyager
- Dubai group announces $1bn Viceroy hotel project
- Asteco to lease out new property
- Union Properties Q1 net profit slips 2.2pc