Emaar sells off prime property in Dubai
Dubai, August 18, 2010
Dubai-based Emaar Properties has sold one of its prime office buildings near Burj Khalifa, world's tallest tower, for Dh331.6 million ($90.2 million) to an undisclosed buyer, said a report.
The company disposed off the building, known as Number 5, in the Emaar Square project thus boosting an oversupplied commercial property market that has seen few transactions this year, the National reported.
Sources close to the deal confirmed the building was Number 5 but Emaar declined to identify the building that had been sold, the report added.
The principal tenant, HSBC bank, has signed a long-term lease for the building and it is considered one of the best quality offices in Dubai by property consultancies.
“HSBC has a 10-year lease,” the report quoted Andrew Charlesworth, the head of capital markets at the consultancy Jones Lang Lasalle, as saying.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract