Bloom starts work on Abu Dhabi project
Abu Dhabi, September 6, 2010
Bloom Properties, the Abu Dhabi-based developer of property and lifestyle solutions, said work has begun on the Brighton College School coming up at the company's Bloom Gardens community in the emirate.
Tiger Contracting is the primary contractor for the Brighton College School project which will span over 34,000 sq m at Bloom Gardens.
The architecture of the building and its visual character will resemble that of Bloom Gardens in terms of design, material selection and colour palette, said a top official of Bloom Properties.
Saed Arekat, chief financial officer of Bloom Properties, said: “Brighton College Abu Dhabi is an important project for us. In a community such as Bloom Gardens, the school is vital to ensuring excellence in education and the appropriate nurturing of our future generations.'
'We are collaborating with the Abu Dhabi Education Council to achieve our vision of engaging the community in our growth. We are grateful for the Council’s support that allows us to extend our education services to the general public,' he stated.
'In its plan for the school, Bloom has adequately designed the campus to provide distinct centres for sport, academic, as well as the visual and performing arts. The three areas will be linked by spaces for outdoor learning and social interaction,' he added.
As part of the school’s overall objective to offer amenities for residents and the community at large, the sport and arts facilities will be made available for use after school hours, Arekat noted.
According to him, Tiger Contracting was chosen for its experience in implementing complex fast-track projects. 'We aim to complete this challenging venture by next July and have the school ready to receive students for the next academic year,' he added.
Richard Cairns, headmaster of Brighton College School UK, said: “Brighton is one of the UK’s leading schools, which lays emphasis on academic and co-curricular excellence. It is our intention to develop these values at Brighton College Abu Dhabi, providing a curriculum rich in Arabic culture, language and tradition that will quickly enable the school to become the leading British-style school in the Middle East.”
Mumtaz Al Ghabra, Abu Dhabi area manager of Tiger Contracting, said: “We are delighted to be selected by Bloom to construct Brighton College Abu Dhabi. We aim to leverage the experience gained out of our UAE presence since 1976 and contribute to Bloom’s vision of offering a holistic academic environment for future generations.”
The Bloom Gardens, located on on Abu Dhabi's eastern Mangrove Corniche Road, offers 3-5 bedroom villas with relatively large plot areas, available as freehold property to UAE nationals and on a 99-year lease to GCC nationals.
Financing is provided by Abu Dhabi Finance, Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank, Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank and the National Bank of Abu Dhabi.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project