Two submit revised bids for Kingdom Tower
Jeddah, September 12, 2010
At least two contracting groups have submitted revised prices in early September for the 1 kilometer Kingdom Tower on the outskirts of Jeddah, a report said.
The confirmed bidders are the local El Seif Engineering & Contracting with Belgium's Six Construct and the local Saudi Binladin Group, a report quoting Meed magazine said.
Kingdom plans to award the contract before the end of this month. The bidders were asked to update their prices because the tower's designs are now more complete which means contractors can submit more accurate cost estimates.
US based Adrian Smith & Gordon Gill Architecture was selected to design the 1 kilometer tower in March. Dubai based Emaar Properties is managing the development of Kingdom Tower, as well as the surrounding 23 sq km Jeddah Kingdom City for the Kingdom Holding Company, the report said.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- 'Kingdom Riyadh' project on track
- Al Basel posts $156m in 2013 sales
- Dubai landlords free to hike rents by 20pc
- Bahrain to dig artificial water springs
- Arabtec plans UAE property arms, Egypt tieup
- 18 Iraqi army officers killed in ambush
- GFH acquires prime UK residential property
- Plaza Premium wins Abu Dhabi Airports contract
- Engineering experts attend Autodesk conference
- Dubai $114m freehold property in big demand