Jumeirah Lakes Towers completes 50th tower
Dubai, September 27, 2010
Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC), the operator of the Jumeirah Lakes Towers (JLT), a fast growing free zone in Dubai, announced the completion of its 50th tower.
The completion of the commercial tower, Armada Tower P2 (Armada Tower), part of the Armada Group portfolio, completes the three tower mixed-use development, offering residential, commercial and retail facilities. Towers P1 and P3 were completed earlier in the year. Residential occupancy is already taking place and large number of retail shops have opened their doors to customers and businesses.
“The 50th tower is an important milestone towards making JLT the fully-fledged, mixed use community that we had envisaged back in 2002,” said Ahmed Bin Sulayem, executive chairman of DMCC.
“Over 60 per cent of the community has been completed. Today, DMCC member companies with licenses to operate their businesses in the JLT Free Zone total over 2,300, while the residential towers have upward of 90 per cent occupancies,” he added.
JLT is a mixed-use free zone in Dubai with freehold property options, and will have a total of 87 towers when fully operational. Almas Tower, the crowning centrepiece of the community, will be surrounded by 78 towers clustered in groups of three connected by four lakes and landscaped gardens, while eight towers will be located on the JLT embankment.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum