US engineers visit Bahrain WTC
Manama, November 4, 2010
A team of engineers from the Society of American Military Engineers (SAME) recently visited the Bahrain World Trade Center (BWTC) to understand the elements of architectural design incorporated in the modern structure.
The visit from the premier professional engineering association in the US was organised by SAME Middle East in collaboration with BWTC’s architects and engineers Atkins.
During the tour, the delegation learnt how the BWTC’s unique ground breaking design has successfully incorporated sustainability into its twin tower design by the use of three 29-metre diameter horizontal-axis wind turbines.
The wind turbines provide 11-15 per cent of the towers’ energy requirements and are now set to auto-mode, supplying power to the 50 storey twin office towers. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Top Indian property firm plans Bahrain foray
- Pacific Ventures names brand ambassador
- Chesterton to unveil prime London properties
- Indian Property Show 2013 to be ‘biggest ever’
- Alwaleed eyes world's big cities for mile-high tower
- Cluttons seals tenancy deal with Durrat
- Masdar launches wind farm in Seychelles
- Drake & Scull mulls dual listing in Saudi
- APR Energy wins biggest Libya power contract
- Carillion Alawi wins $201m Oman contract