Bahrain to tender port service area project
Manama, November 7, 2010
Bahrain’s General Organisation of Sea Ports (GOP) has commenced the tendering process for the construction of a state-of-the-art service area at the Khalifa Bin Salman Port (KBSP).
The project comprises a bonded multi-storey car park, warehouse facilities, office space and a gas station to be built within the premises of the Khalifa Bin Salman Port (KBSP), said Hassan Ali Al Majed, director general GOP.
GOP will invite potential developers to bid for the construction and operations of the planned service area that will house a 4,000 capacity carpark facility for the import and export of cars.
The construction of the new 41,817 sq m service area is scheduled to begin by June 2011 and the facility operations are expected to commence by May 2013 .
Al Majed said: “As a strategic component of the state-of-the-art KBSP, the service area will provide all tenants and companies operating with a comprehensive and supportive business environment. Our aim is to offer companies, in particular the automotive industry, a tailored package with world-class amenities to support their commercial activities by cutting costs and increasing efficiency. For this, we seek to partner with leading and experienced firms that will help us create and offer an outstanding service based on catered solutions. As a premium project, the service area is another milestone in GOP’s concerted effort to further developing the KBSP community.”
Located on the land adjacent to the port entrance, the service area will also offer 6,500 sq m office space to accommodate approximately 105 offices in addition to retail and office space in the ground floor. The project plan, including drawings, has been drawn up by international consultants and is ready for implementation. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Jotun colour collection tracks new trends
- RAK Properties to distribute $27.2m profit
- Top construction firms head to Bahrain
- Investors pull out of $65m Bahrain project
- Projects stalled in Bahrain due to 'mismanagement'
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project