AMHC inks Dilmunia at Bahrain deal
Manama, November 14, 2010
Aliyah Marie Holding Company (AMHC) said it has signed a deal to acquire 8,500 sq m of land in 'Dilmunia at Bahrain,' an upcoming coastal, luxury development in the Kingdom.
'Dilmunia at Bahrain,' being developed by Ithmaar Development Company (IDC), a unit of Ithmaar Bank, promises to offer residents and visitors an alternative perspective towards life.
Upon completion, it will feature three luxury boutique hotels, inspired by the Chinese, Thai and French healing philosophies and offering alternative treatments and spas, while the “Lifestyle Strip” will feature organic, gourmet and health markets, alongside star-rated restaurants and casual dining outlets.
AMHC is a Bahrain-based company that has been growing steadily since its establishment in 2007, through its various outlets and subsidiaries that cover a wide spectrum of activities from fashion, to hospitality and from marketing to real estate development.
AMHC chairman Dr Ahmed Alkhuzaie and IDC chief executive officer and board member Mohammed Khalil Alsayed, signed the agreement at the recently-concluded Bipex expo held in Bahrain.
As per the deal, the 8,500 sq m land located off the south coast of Dilmunia will be developed by AMHC. “We believe that Dilmunia at Bahrain fits perfectly with what we are striving to achieve,” remarked Dr Alkhuzaie.
“At AMHC we are always looking for healthy investment opportunities that meet our corporate vision,” he observed.
“By acquiring this unique plot at Dilmunia at Bahrain, which is truly a visionary project, we have ventured into another exciting era at AMHC,” Dr Alkhuzaie said.
According to him, Sky Villa at Dilmunia will be a new concept in Bahrain, proposing a new style of living.
"As it is a plot located on the seaside and with the right proportions, this will enable us to create a unique set-up where different villas will be sharing a backyard with the inner sea lagoon,” he added.
Alsayed stressed the significance of the partnership with AMHC and viewed it as another milestone representing the start of a strong, long-term relationship with Ithmaar Development Company.
“AMHC has built a reputation of excellence as well as a diverse portfolio over a short period, showcasing its capabilities in adapting and growing in the market. We are confident that they will contribute in turning the vision of Dilmunia at Bahrain to reality and help it become one of the most prominent development projects,” he noted.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- New Tekla software accelerates information flow
- Damac unveils first Trump Estates in ME
- GFH in key London property placement
- Green Valley unveils new UAE, Turkey projects
- Jotun colour collection tracks new trends
- RAK Properties to distribute $27.2m profit
- Top construction firms head to Bahrain
- Investors pull out of $65m Bahrain project
- Projects stalled in Bahrain due to 'mismanagement'
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes