Ground-breaking products debut at Big 5
Dubai, November 24, 2010
Many of the 2,500 exhibitors taking part in The Big 5 building and construction expo in Dubai have been utilising the event to introduce new technologies and partnerships to the market.
UK-based Dyson is exhibiting at the event for the first time and has chosen the platform to launch its environmental hand dryer Airblade to the Middle East market.
The revolutionary technology channels unheated air through an anti bacterial filter at 400mph to literally scrape water from hands in 10 seconds, much like windscreen wipers, said a senior company official.
'This is the first time we have exhibited at The Big 5, where we’ll be launching the fast, efficient Dyson Airblade hand dryer. We saw the event as an excellent opportunity to introduce the product into the Middle East market and to communicate our new partnership with locally based Jumbo Electronics,” stated Mike Saunders from Dyson.
Another company utilising 'The Big 5' to debut its new product is Italy’s Levitiles, who has unveiled its brand new decorated crystal Venezia Arte.
This is an extremely high-resolution cold decoration system, which uses an exclusive inkjet printing system to deliver outstanding colour and decorative effects and a finished product with unique technical characteristics and performance, said the Italian company.
The addition of precious metals such as gold, silver and platinum assures an original metallic appearance. Together with the transparency of the glass, this gives the installed material an appealing opalescent look in both the smooth and textured versions.
Local companies are also utilising The Big 5 to communicate big business during the event, with a number of UAE exhibitors proudly showcasing their new technologies to the international audience.
FrameCAD Solutions has launched its new FL650 Floor Rollforming Line, which is used in the production of optimised engineered fast track flooring systems.
Gulf Extrusions is showcasing its latest line of profiles, which range from architectural sections to components for the automotive industry. The company is also showcasing various other customized products aimed at meeting the growing global demand for light, versatile and recyclable materials across multiple industries.
Andy White, event director of The Big 5, said: 'We have been very impressed with the number of deals being announced, partnerships formed and new technologies and products that have been introduced to the market here this week.'
'The Big 5 has firmly established itself as an unrivalled platform for regional and international companies to gain direct access to networking and the establishing of relationships that can lead to business in the future,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings