Amer Group IPO oversubscribed
Cairo, November 25, 2010
Egyptian real estate firm Amer Group's initial public offering (IPO) has been oversubscribed, its financial advisor Beltone Financial said.
Offers for 97 million shares had been made by 0928 GMT, more than the 82.1 million on sale, Beltone's head of investor relations Osama Rashad told Reuters on Thursday.
Amer is offering the shares at 2.8 Egyptian pounds in a deal valuing the firm at 5.7 billion pounds ($988 million), according to Reuters calculations.
It sold 328.6 million shares in a private placement that ended on Monday.
The IPO is Egypt's second since 2008. Egyptian dairy and juice maker Juhayna Food Industries sold shares in an IPO in June. That offering, worth 192 million pounds, was oversubscribed 6.8 times.
Amer Group sells holiday homes on Egypt's coasts and elsewhere. One of its projects is Golf Porto, covering 2.2 million square metres in the mountainous Ain Sokhna area by the Red Sea.
The group also owns hotels, restaurants, malls, a catering firm, a utilities company and other businesses. - Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan