Akar meets proposed contractors
Damascus, December 11, 2010
Akar Development, a leader in masterplan communities, recently held a meeting with 10 contractors who had proposed to get the first stage construction of a $500 million community development project in Syria.
Issues related to Cordoba Hills Project were discussed during the meeting towards reaching the submittal of the final technical and financial offers by the main contractors through which the evaluation process will be carried out to select the most proper contractor for the phase 1 of Cordoba Hills Project.
During the meeting, Akar's and ECG's representatives replied the questions of the contractors related to this project stage explaining the proper methods of submitting the offers.
It was agreed to expedite the efforts by all parties to meet the dead line for the offers submission within three weeks, after which the evaluation process will be carried out by ECG team towards selecting the main contractor for this phase.
The contractor's representatives have visited the location of phase 1 of Cordoba Hills project to be familiar with the same as stipulated within the tender documents, likewise, they visited the mock up villas which have been executed in previous stages and examined the high quality of finishes therein which will be one of the main goals to achieve through constructing phase 1 of Cordoba Hills project.
At the end of the meeting, all the contractors were given the revised set of tender documents of phase 1 of Cordoba Hills project, which have been slightly modified to meet the market needs, based on which they will submit their comprehensive offers for the evaluation and review by Akar and ECG representatives to reach the final stage of the tendering process, which is selecting the main contractor of phase 1 of Cordoba Hills project. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Jotun colour collection tracks new trends
- RAK Properties to distribute $27.2m profit
- Top construction firms head to Bahrain
- Investors pull out of $65m Bahrain project
- Projects stalled in Bahrain due to 'mismanagement'
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project