Jabal Omar awards $906m Makkah project
Riyadh, December 29, 2010
Saudi-based Jabal Omar Development Company has signed a SR3.4 billion ($906.6 million) contract for the construction of a massive project in Makkah comprising luxury hotels, retail outlets and residential apartments, said a report.
The project was scheduled to be completed in 2011 but got delayed due to global crisis.
Saudi Binladin Group and Saudi Oger, were the project’s previous contractors, but could not complete it, the Arab News reported.
“Earlier we had a plan to complete the project in one go by 2011. Because of the delay, we have decided to implement it in phases,” the report said, citing sources.
The first phase will see the developnment of nine hotels and 89 residential apartments, while four hotels and 72 apartments will be ready in the second phase, the source added.
Besides the project will have hundreds of shops and air-conditioned prayer facilities for 100,000 worshippers, as well as housing, close to the Grand Mosque, the report said.
Jabal Omar is currently developing a number of residential projects in front of the Grand Mosque in Makkah.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna