CPC starts trial run in $400m industrial park
Cairo, January 1, 2011
Saudi Arabia-based Construction Products Holding Company (CPC) has started experimental operations of its new industrial complex in Egypt, which is located in the 6th of October province.
The 1.5 million sq m complex, the first private industrial park in Egypt with as many as 67 factories so far, has been officially qualified to partake in the infrastructure development of the country.
“The complex will help spur Egypt’s economic growth by providing investors with the highest level of facilities and services for their projects,” said Dr Faysal Alaquil, CPC’s director of business development and administrative affairs.
“CPC’s complex is the first industrial park created in cooperation with the General Authorities for Industrial Development and Investment in Egypt.”
“It has various support facilities for companies, including residential buildings for workers and administrative offices,” he added.
The 67 factories in the complex have created 11,097 jobs in the key industrial sectors of construction materials, food and textile manufacturing, drawing a total investment of more than $400 million, Dr Alaquil said.
The complex includes CPC factories specialized in various building and construction materials, occupying a total area of 250,000 sq m.
The building materials sector takes up 40 per cent of the park, the food industry 30 per cent and the textile industry 20 per cent. The remaining 10 per cent is dedicated to support facilities such as roads, water, electricity and communications.
On completing the park’s infrastructure, CPC launched a promotional campaign to attract investors from Egypt and abroad, resulting in the selection of the 67 factories. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed