Mourjan to develop Muscat marina project
Dubai, January 10, 2011
Dubai-based marina developer Mourjan Marinas IGY said it has signed an agreement to develop and manage the new marina at Oman’s premier waterfront destination, The Wave, Muscat.
The announcement comes following a series of recent tieups Mourjan Marinas IGY has made in the region, including development of the first marina at Lusail City in Doha and operation of two marinas as part of the upcoming Marsa Al Seef project in Bahrain.
The Wave, Muscat is the first 100 per cent freehold development in Oman and a unique public-private venture valued at $2.5 billion.
The management role with The Wave, Muscat, will see Mourjan Marinas IGY provide every level of support - from design through to development support and optimizing the marina for operations, said its top official.
“We are proud to be a part of this exciting project and continuing our rapid growth in the region which is fast becoming a top destination for marina developments and waterfront living in the world,” remarked Michael Horrigan, CEO of Mourjan Marinas IGY.
'What is so appealing about this initiative is the opportunity it offers Mourjan Marinas IGY to support the overall goal of Oman to create a world-class sailing boat industry,' Horrigan said.
'We are delighted to be entrusted with such a vital project that will allow us to bring our expertise and knowledge of the market to deliver on what will be one of the region’s leading marinas,' he added.
According to Horrigan, the first phase of the new marina will open in the second quarter of 2011.
'As part of the development, the marina will provide harbour-side views, dining options ranging from al fresco to quaint coffee shops and a retail promenade offering trendy fashion stores together with traditional Omani hospitality and culture,' he added.
At the heart of The Wave, Muscat, lies the 400 plus berth marina, a vibrant destination that will offer a breathtaking setting for sailing enthusiasts whilst providing an integrated marina lifestyle for its new residents.
The marina will also offer yacht maintenance and fuelling facilities at its Yacht Club to ensure smooth sailing for individual yacht owners.
“We are confident the marina will quickly become the place to be,” said Horrigan.
“From restaurants through to the shops and cafes, this marina facility will be a location for people to enjoy themselves and socialise, or if they choose to it will allow visitors to simply unwind and mingle against a backdrop of incredible ocean views,” he observed.
As per the deal, Mourjan Marinas IGY will fully manage and operate the facility and will oversee the regional and global marketing of the facility, said Michael Lenarduzzi, CEO of The Wave, Muscat.
'This agreement is a testament to our commitment to not only building the ultimate home and lifestyle destination in the heart of the capital, but to bolster the nation’s thriving tourism industry.'
'The Marina will most certainly complement our existing standards of living as we position Oman as a distinguished yachting and sailing centre that would compete within the global luxury boating circuit,' he added.
Lenarduzzi highlighted that the highly anticipated Al Marsa Village is coming to life, as The Wave, Muscat is redefining luxury marina experiences and recreational boating for those searching for quality services with access to a number of residential, commercial and leisure facilities.
'The Marina is one of the most ambitious development projects that has been designed to become the preferred berthing option in Oman, accommodating over 400 boats, including luxury megayachts,' he added.
The Wave, Muscat is the first integrated resort and residential development to be undertaken in the greater Muscat region.
The project will boast of beautiful properties, a Greg Norman-designed golf course, five-star hotels and a host of new retail, leisure and dining opportunities all situated along a 7km seafront address.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan