ABG awards HQ construction deal to Arabtec
Manama, January 11, 2011
Al Baraka Banking Group (ABG) has awarded the contract for the construction of its group headquarters in Bahrain Bay to Arabtec Construction Company.
The contract was signed by ABG president and chief executive Adnan Ahmed Yousif, and Arabtec Construction Company chairman Riad Kamal.
'We are very pleased to inaugurate our achievements for the new year by signing a contract for the construction of the new headquarter of Al Baraka Banking Group.
'It clearly emphasises the determination of the group to continue its outstanding performance that it has started over the last years, and even in the global economic crisis,' said Yousif.
'The new headquarters is designed to meet the present and future needs of the group,' he added.
'The choice of the Bahrain Bay for the construction of its headquarter stems from the belief of the vital importance enjoyed by Bahrain as a financial and Islamic banking centre both regionally and globally.
'This important contract embodies a dream for us to see the new headquarter of the group constructed on latest architectural style in one of the largest development projects in the heart of the Bahraini capital, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Jacky’s unveils new 3D printers
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property
- Arabtec denies Drake merger speculation
- Saudi's ACWA signs $472m sukuk financing
- Qatar announces massive bridges project
- $49m home loans approved in Bahrain
- BlomInvest sees Makkah project on track
- Dubai show to unveil top Indian projects
- Imdaad renews FM contract with sports complex