ABG awards HQ construction deal to Arabtec
Manama, January 11, 2011
Al Baraka Banking Group (ABG) has awarded the contract for the construction of its group headquarters in Bahrain Bay to Arabtec Construction Company.
The contract was signed by ABG president and chief executive Adnan Ahmed Yousif, and Arabtec Construction Company chairman Riad Kamal.
'We are very pleased to inaugurate our achievements for the new year by signing a contract for the construction of the new headquarter of Al Baraka Banking Group.
'It clearly emphasises the determination of the group to continue its outstanding performance that it has started over the last years, and even in the global economic crisis,' said Yousif.
'The new headquarters is designed to meet the present and future needs of the group,' he added.
'The choice of the Bahrain Bay for the construction of its headquarter stems from the belief of the vital importance enjoyed by Bahrain as a financial and Islamic banking centre both regionally and globally.
'This important contract embodies a dream for us to see the new headquarter of the group constructed on latest architectural style in one of the largest development projects in the heart of the Bahraini capital, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings