Dar Al-Arkan posts 29pc fall in Q4 net
Riyadh, January 20, 2011
Dar Al-Arkan Real Estate Development Co, Saudi Arabia's largest developer by market value, posted a 29-percent fall in fourth-quarter net profit.
The residential developer, which has to pay back a $1 billion sukuk next year, made a net profit of 330.4 million riyals ($88.10 million) after 464 million riyals a year earlier, it said in a statement on the bourse website.
Analysts surveyed by Reuters had expected net profit of 291.6 million riyals. Operating profit fell by 32 percent to 350.1 million riyals in the quarter.
The firm blamed a lower sales volume for the profit fall in 2010 but gave no details.
Dar Al-Arkan said in November it did not rule out having to sell some assets to help repay an $1 billion Islamic bond, or sukuk, maturing in 2012.
In February Dar Al-Arkan raised $450 million riyals from a sukuk issue that had a five-year maturity and was priced at 10.75 percent just in time to refinance a $600 million sukuk maturing in March.
Bankers said Dar Al-Arkan raised less than it had targeted after a lengthy road-show. - Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna