Kone clinches Kuwait elevator order
Kuwait, January 22, 2011
Finnish firm Kone has won an order to supply 93 elevators for a major hospital project in Kuwait.
Kone will provide 25 Kone MonoSpace special elevators, and 68 Kone MiniSpace elevators for the Jaber Al Ahmad Al Jaber Al Sabah Hospital project in South Surra, Kuwait.
Developed by the Kuwait Ministry of Public Works, the project will be the largest medical center in the State of Kuwait and the Middle East region, providing health care to 600,000 people in the area.
The architect for the project is the leading design firm Langdon Wilson International in cooperation with local Kuwait firm Gulf Consult. The main contractor is the prominent Arab Contractors.
“Our main objective for this project is to provide innovative solutions and our People Flow expertise in hospital environments to offer the hospital’s patients and visitors smooth ride comfort,” said Eric Maziol, EVP and area director for West and South Europe and the Middle East, Kone.
“We are also very proud to be part of this great project and in association with the prime firms Langdon Wilson, Gulf Consult, and Arab Contractors. We look forward to the joint collaboration on this very impressive project,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Plaza Premium wins Abu Dhabi Airports contract
- Engineering experts attend Autodesk conference
- Dubai $114m freehold property in big demand
- Heavy Equipment enters Qatar market
- Bahrain market to get $15.8m facelift
- Jacky’s unveils new 3D printers
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property
- Arabtec denies Drake merger speculation
- Saudi's ACWA signs $472m sukuk financing