Saudi Binladin wins railway project
Jeddah, February 7, 2011
The Saudi Binladin Group (SBG) has won a contract from the Saudi Railways Organization (SRO) for construction work on the Haramain High Speed Rail Project.
Under the contract, SBG will design and build passenger stations in Makkah and Madinah as part of the second package of phase one of the rail project.
SBG will work in collaboration with Turkish company Yapi Merkezi Group.
SRO also awarded a contract to Saudi Oger Limited to build passenger stations in Jeddah and King Abdullah Economic City.
The Haramain High Speed Rail is a $7 billion (SR26.25 billion) project financed by the Saudi Government’s Public Investment Fund.
The 280-mile (450-km) electric railway will connect Madinah, Yanbu, Jeddah, and Makkah and will reduce congestion on the roads between Makkah and Madinah, especially during the Haj.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed