KBR wins Doha Expressway contract
Houston, February 17, 2011
US-based KBR has been awarded a contract by the Public Works Authority of Qatar to provide program management services and engineering support to deliver a package of 30 major roads that comprise the Doha Expressway Program.
KBR, a global engineering, construction and services company based in Houston, said it will serve as program manager for the design and construction of the 30 Expressway Projects over five years.
The contract is part of Qatar`s $20 billion roads building program, designed to improve traffic flow, and reduce congestion, travel times and environmental impacts.
Among KBR`s primary services will be minimizing disruption to current traffic flow and the effective communication of disruptions to the public and Qatar authorities throughout the life of the project.
'KBR is pleased to support the Qatari government in delivering this significant
infrastructure project,' said Colin Elliott, president, KBR Infrastructure and
'This contract builds on our considerable portfolio of program management services for infrastructure projects in the Gulf region, and reinforces KBR`s position as a leading, reliable engineering firm in the Middle East.'
The global engineering services firm is supporting the energy, hydrocarbon, government services, minerals, civil infrastructure, power and industrial markets.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Arabtec appoints new chief risk officer
- 1,800 contracting workers in Bahrain end strike
- 200 Arabtec workers to be repatriated
- Abyaar announces Dubai project delivery
- Dar Al Arkan raises $450m from sukuk sale
- Arabtec workers end strike; dispute 'resolved'
- Bahrain launches project for 4,500 homes
- Qatari group unveils $823m giant mall project
- Tecom announces new operational structure