Belhasa wins $5m pipeline contract
Dubai, February 22, 2011
Belhasa Projects, a leading MEP company in the UAE, has won a Dh19 million ($5.17 million) contract to supply and install a pipeline in Al Ruwais oil field for domestic water supply.
The company will install high density polyethylene pipes of 400 mm including all required testing and commissioning procedures.
“This is one of the recent projects that our MEP division has won. Since being spurned off as a separate division in 2008, the MEP department has experienced substantial growth and has few milestone projects to its credit,” said Greg Garner, CEO of Belhasa Projects.
“These include the upward-flowing waterfalls for the Address Hotel in Dubai, multi-functional water features at the Yas Hotel at the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi and the melodic fountain at the entrance to the Burj Khalifa. The MEP division often works hand in hand with our aquascapes division since there is a synergy in the nature of both businesses; and this has worked out well,” he added.
Belhasa Projects’ latest MEP project is commissioned by five contractors- Samsung Engineering, SK Engineering, GS Engineering, Daewoo and Zublin.
The work, which is expected to be completed by end of May this year, will ensure water supply for the residences of the contractors’ workforce stationed at the oil field, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- RAK Properties to distribute $27.2m profit
- Top construction firms head to Bahrain
- Investors pull out of $65m Bahrain project
- Projects stalled in Bahrain due to 'mismanagement'
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex