Bloom completes Brighton structural works
Abu Dhabi, March 1, 2011
Bloom Properties, the property and lifestyle development arm of National Holding based in Abu Dhabi, said it has completed the structural works for Brighton College Abu Dhabi in record time.
Once ready, the Brighton College campus at Bloom Gardens, the exclusive residential development located on the eastern corniche in Abu Dhabi, will offer education in the British curriculum, said a statement from Bloom Properties.
Hani Raydan, general manager of Bloom Education, said: “Bloom Properties is committed to delivering on its promise of completing the project on schedule. Our joint efforts with the contractors, mandated to comply with our stringent quality standards, are beginning to bear fruit.'
Bloom Education, he said, had partnered with Brighton College to bring the prestigious school to the region, with the first school opening in September at Bloom Gardens.
'To date, 15,000 cu m of concrete have been poured into the school structure and over 2,500 tonnes of steel reinforcements utilised for the 34,000 sq m project.'
'A total of 1,000 labourers worked around the clock to complete the structural work in record time. The dedication of all involved in the project is truly commendable and has resulted in the completion of structural works earlier than forecast,' he added.
The college campus is designed to provide dedicated centres of excellence in academic, visual and performing arts, and sporting activities. The three areas will be linked by spaces for outdoor learning and social interaction.
Its differentiating factor will include a creative blend of Arabic and Islamic Studies in compliance with Abu Dhabi Education Council.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan