Gulf Landscape wins RAK resort contract
Ras Al Khaimah, March 2, 2011
UAE-based Gulf Landscape and Irrigation Systems (GLIS) has clinched a Dh33 million ($8.98 million) contract to landscape Precinct 5 of the Mina Al Arab waterfront resort project in Ras Al Khaimah.
GLIS, a leading landscaping company owned by Al Khayyat Investments, said the deal was awarded by RAK Properties for the development of detailed designs, construction, completion, maintenance of roads and landscape works at Mina Al Arab.
'The scope of work includes road works, street light, hard landscape, soft landscape, irrigation system, landscape lights, street furniture, water features, swimming pools and play area equipments,' said Walid Al Wahsh, general manager GLIS.
On the win, Wahsh said, 'We are proud to be chosen by RAK Properties to provide landscaping services to Mina Al Arab, a prestigious leisure and holiday beach resort.'
'Such a project needs landscaping services of highest standards and we are confident of meeting the requirements. We are known for creativity in landscaping. We do believe that quality is driving this industry, in addition to cost effective pricing,” he stated.
Mina Al Arab, which covers an area of 43 m sq ft, includes small water parks, fitness centers, a marina, adventurous Arabian style theme parks and a traditional souq.
It also has numerous residential villas and other residential units. These residential units are designed with wide range of architectural styles, complemented by world class amenities and facilities.
Mohamed Sultan Al Qadi, managing director and chief executive officer of RAK Properties said GLIS was chosen based on their expertise in similar projects in the UAE and Gulf region.
'They have shown professionalism and dedication and we always look for companies that share our vision and creativity in developing world class residential and commercial units for our customers,' he stated.
“The precinct 5, which will be landscaped by GLIS, is one of the major components of the Mina Al Arab waterfront master community built on the theme of nature. We expect GLIS to offer a great deal of creativity and planning in implementing the project.” Al Qadi added.
The Mina Al Arab is home to an exciting array of themed resorts, all tailored to offer a varied vacation experience. The location of the property gives a panoramic view of the clean beaches, mountains and beautiful landscape.
This project provides world class living environment suitable for maintaining a healthy lifestyle with a jogging track, private beach planted with coconut trees, swimming pool, tennis court, children's play area and ample open area to experience nature's freshness.
GLIS said it has done many landmark projects in UAE with major clients such as Emaar Properties on Burj Khalifa, Dubai Festival City and Union Properties on Motor City as well as Dubai Properties, Abu Dhabi Municipality, Abu Dhabi Authority for Culture & Heritage and Aldar on Marina YAS (Formula one Hotel).-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract