UK firm to launch new smart home technology
Abu Dhabi, April 9, 2011
UK-based Opus Technologies, a leading whole-house entertainment solution provider, will launch its latest smart home offering at an upcoming building and construction exhibition in Abu Dhabi.
CityBuild Abu Dhabi will take place from April 17 to 20 Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre.
“Multi-room entertainment and smart-home automation systems are seen as a luxurious inclusion to new homes, yet are becoming increasingly expected by investors,” said Steve Simpson, GCC regional manager for Opus, which has offices in the UAE and Hong Kong.
“Property developers need to be aware that this is going to be a growing trend, similar to what we’ve seen with the rise in popularity of the fully fitted kitchen with integrated appliances over the last 15 years.”
“This is particularly relevant in the current climate which has created a buyer’s market. Developers need to do more to make their properties stand out to attract investors,” he added.
Opus Technologies has installed more than 5,000 smart-home automation systems worth more than $30 million in the GCC region, a company statement said.
The new Opus 6 series is described as the complete ‘wrap-around solution’ to unify all household entertainment sources and home control options.
The whole system is delivered through a single intuitive interface, accessible across a variety of control options including Opus touch-screens, Apple iPhone, iPad, and new media navigation via TV user-interface, the statement said.
It also embraces the latest consumer technologies such as Apple TV, Blu-Ray, iPod, media streaming, and Internet radio. The integration of lighting, heating, windows, blinds and CCTV is said to give home owners the utmost in home luxury and comfort, according to the statement.
The manufacturer will also use the event to highlight its training and project management expertise.
Organised by IIR Middle East, CityBuild Abu Dhabi will be co-located with Cityscape Abu Dhabi and, for the first time, Malaysia Services Exhibition (MSE). – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna