New roads project on track in Bahrain
Manama, April 19, 2011
Bahrain's Works Ministry has announced new roads being built in blocks 602 and 604 in Sitra.
Roads Projects and Maintenance director Raed Al Salah said the BD214,872 ($570,065) project, which is expected to take 32 weeks to complete, had been awarded to Al Tadamon Excavation.
'The 2.8km roads will connect 217 housing units to the main road network,' he said.
'Once the new roads are ready, traffic movement in the area will improve and safety will increase.'
Meanwhile, the ministry said yesterday that construction work on the Imam Al Hussain Avenue in Manama would result in the closure of one lane on stages from today for three months.
It said the water supply works carried out by Electricity and Water Authority had also resulted in the closure of one lane from both directions of Awal Avenue and the main access to Juffair from the Al Fateh Highway for 10 days starting tomorrow.
Construction work on Al Ghous Highway at its intersection with Avenue 8 and Avenue 9 in Busatieen will also result in closure of one lane for southbound traffic for eight weeks, starting tomorrow, said the ministry.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- New Tekla software accelerates information flow
- Damac unveils first Trump Estates in ME
- GFH in key London property placement
- Green Valley unveils new UAE, Turkey projects
- Jotun colour collection tracks new trends
- RAK Properties to distribute $27.2m profit
- Top construction firms head to Bahrain
- Investors pull out of $65m Bahrain project
- Projects stalled in Bahrain due to 'mismanagement'
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes