Key flyover opens in Bahrain
Manama, April 23, 2011
A 905-metre-long flyover carrying traffic from Shaikh Salman Highway to Al Estiqlal Avenue has opened in Bahrain
Works Minister Essam Khalaf yesterday (April 22) inaugurated flyover, which is part of the BD41 ($108.7 million) million Isa Town Gate Junction upgrade project, was opened 26 days ahead of schedule.
Once completed, the interchange will ease traffic congestion at the educational area in Isa Town, providing new entry and exit points to the area located between 16 December Avenue and Al Estiqlal Avenue.
The educational area includes 10 schools, Education Ministry, University of Bahrain, Bahrain Polytechnic, Information Affairs Authority, Central Informatics Organisation and Central Governorate headquarters.
Construction of the project, which came to a temporary halt after the original contractor Sungwon Corporation was axed due to financial problems following the global crisis, was later retendered and awarded to Nass Corporation. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Depa names new board directors
- Work to start on new Bahrain social centre
- Indian developer to open Dubai office
- 50 firms to showcase at Cityscape Riyadh
- Kaloti breaks ground on Dubai gold refinery
- New power station for Bahrain hospital
- Al Hamra Village wins top mixed-use award
- Schön sees business park project on track
- Kuwaiti developer starts Dubai tower work
- Asteco appointed agent for Dubai tower